Forum Débats - Socit / Politique
- Filtre optionnel -
Recherche d'un mot :

modifier supprimer 18757 - de Nil , 15 ans (France) - 2022-09-01
Socit / Politique : "Feminism"

What means Feminism for you ?
You're free to explain your point of view. Just stay open-minded and respect other people's answers.

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18875 - Réponse de Laura (USA) - 2024-04-11

I agree with Paisley (USA) completely. We shouldn't destroy women with feminism, but let them live like a woman. You said it beautifully. Thanks for making your sensible opinion heard!

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18839 - Réponse de Shoeva , 13 ans (Israel) - 2023-11-29

I like this question. I think feminism is both trying to get equal rights and celebrating them, celebrating being strong or smart or independent girls and women, for example by making books about women who did great things. Sort of like pride for queers. That is one kind. But if you are less lucky and you experience sexism, which I think all of us do at some time or other, feminism is rebelling about that, even if it is quietly. For example: in Israel in most shuls (synagogues) only boys and men can lead Tefilla (the prayers), I think making a shul like ours where women can also participate is feminism. By the way though I don’t want people to think of Israel as a sexist country because all in all it is pretty accepting and also countries which are supposed to be accepting have prejudice… alas, maybe one day we’ll all be a little freer.

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18830 - Réponse de Maia , 13 ans (France) - 2023-08-26

Sorry for the last message.. I don't know how to delete it. I sent it because I thought the first one wasn't published, it was for trying...

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18829 - Réponse de Maia (France) - 2023-08-26

Gib

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18828 - Réponse de Maia , 13 ans (France) - 2023-08-26

Feminism mean women have same tignt than men.

But it isn't as easy, because all our live, we are not in the same situations. For example, parents inscribe their son to soccer, but not their daughter. After, there are stereotypes about men. I think feminism should get another name and be more about men. Women know it is not equal, but we cannot keep making an equal world with just women. We need men. We need them to understand that all the stereotypes are fake.
There is a lot of men's stereotypes. For example think that he will look "gay" is stupid. It is a stereotype about
1.gay people
2.have a women attitude, and say that a women attitude is bad, Wich male think women is worse than men...

It is very complicated, because we think equally is preticaly done when it isn't.

It is ok when a girl makes "boy things", but not when a boy does "girl things". A girl can wear all she wants and do all she wants, but if a boy wears a dress for example, people will make him feel it is not ok. Why? Because it is a woman thing and women are inferior so it make him inferior...
Do you guys understand how far it goes...

Sexism is an enemy for all of us. It doesn't mean we have to change it all, but know and accept differences is well.

I hope no more boys of my school will thee to go back to my kitchen next year.

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18824 - Réponse de Paisley (USA) - 2023-06-20

It really depends which wave of feminism we are referring to. Back in the day, it was much more "men and women should have equal rights." Now, I'd argue that it's turned into saying that women need to emulate men to be equal, but simultaneously being "women need more rights than men." For the first part, it's things like women transitioning to be men, or men transitioning to be women and winning all sorts of competitions. That's not exactly making us equal. Rather, it's placing men against women yet again. It's celebrating women who make themselves men (which only glorifies men and not women) or celebrating men destroying women in sporting events (which is taking opportunities away from women). On the other hand, things like the "me too" movement have only made it seem as though women deserve more rights than men. It's always "believe women" in the cases of rape. In the name of "feminism," companies put in quotas for specific numbers of female workers. Women are literally hired because there have to be a minimum number of women in the job. That sounds like enabling and giving women more rights than men. A man might not get a job, even if he's the best pick, because the company needs to hire a less-skilled woman.

Now if I were to say what feminism means to me, it's having equal rights for men and women (which I think we have) and celebrating the things that make women women. Celebrating childbirth, motherhood, etc. Not suppressing it and saying you've done more with your life if you skipped having kids and simply worked. It's empowering true femininity, rather than putting male attributes on a pedestal and coercing women to emulate them.

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18823 - Réponse de Mia (United States) - 2023-06-17

Let me explain femenism in my life.
I go to school and get dress coded for exposing my sholders beacuse the boys will look at them. So they make me go into a closet will clothes that have never been washed that are too small and change. They never do anything to prevent boys for looking at me in a bad way. I just feel like girls should have the same freedom as boys.

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18821 - Réponse de Brookelyn , 16 ans (USA ) - 2023-06-04

For me it depends on the the time period you want to define it in as the definition often changes with the time and its policies and politics

18757 -
modifier supprimer 18813 - Réponse de Anne , 14 ans (USA) - 2022-12-28

women are equal to men, pretty simple

Forum Débats - Socit / Politique - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
pour toute remarque / question, merci de contacter le webmaster :

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info